Symposium Home / Schedule of the Day
- 09:00-09:15 | Come in, get badges, etc., coffee is available
- 09:15-09:30 | Welcome! This is the day! Reproducibility!
- 09:30-10:00 | Speaker 1 - Jake Vanderplas (UW) "Driving Reproducibility at UW"
- 10:00-10:30 | Speaker 2 - Katy Huff (UCB) "Harder, Better, Faster: Case Studies in Reproducible Workflows"
- 10:30-10:45 | Coffee & Pastries
- 10:45-12:00 | Lightning Talks Round 1
- Erik Mitchell (UCB), Jenny Muilenburg (UW): "Why good code is not enough; getting the data license right"
- Todd Gureckis (NYU): "The Internet as Psychology Lab"
- William Brady (NYU): "Contextual sensitivity in scientific reproducibility"
- Bernard Rous (ACM): "Data, Software, and Reproducibility in Publication"
- Fernando Chirigati (NYU): "noWorkflow: Capturing and Analyzing Provenance of Python Scripts"
- 12:00-01:00 | Lunch (provided)
- 01:00-01:45 | Lightning Talks Round 2
- Karen Adolph (NYU), David Millman (NYU), & Rick O. Gilmore (Penn State): "Video Doesn’t Lie: Reproducible Workflows With Databrary"
Meredith Broussard (NYU): "When the Story is the Software: Data Journalism, Reproducibility, and Preservation"
- See related: Dollars for Docs
- Jes Ford (UW): "Reproducibility After the Fact"
- Remi Rampin (NYU): "ReproZip: Reproducibility with Ease"
- 01:45-02:00 | Coffee to carry to breakouts
- 02:00-04:30 | Breakout sessions | Resources from the discussion:
- University of Washington Data Science Environment Reproducibility and Open Science Final Evaluation Findings
- 04:30-05:00 | Presentation of breakout discussions
- 05:00-06:00 | Carrot vs. Stick: a panel on approaches to encouraging reproducibility
- 06:00-06:15 | Wrap up and thank you!
- 06:15-07:30 | Wine and Cheese